Wednesday 19 October 2016

SOKYO at The Star






For those Japanese food lovers out there you have to visit SOKYO at least once, even though it will leave your wallet temporally damaged it is definitely worth a try, on a special occasion or even casual dining.

My Boyfriend booked this place for my 20th Birthday because i just love sashimi and everything Japanese related. I was definitely shoooked when he told me we were going here! hehe.

How we got there: 
We took the train from Fairfield station- stopped at Central station- then took the Light rail from Central via Darling Harbour.

Price: approx. $250 for two people

Dress code: Smart casual

Reservation: Yes (I recommend to book before coming)

Customer service: 10/10

When we first entered, it was actually more casual than i expected it to be! which we both liked because it made us a little bit more comfortable and less intimidated.

Although i didn't take many photos (internally disappointed with myself) , I'll try my best to review everything that we ate on the night.


Oysters (left), Usuzukuri (right)



Pacific Oyster ($5 each): 
I always have to try Oysters when it comes to Japanese Restaurants, and I'm glad i tried these ones. The sauce was a watery plum wine which was very flavoursome, there were also frozen bits of lime granita , which gave an explosion of flavour and was heaps refreshing. It was so good, and unique! I would recommend trying this, if you really like oysters, sadly, my boyfriend refused to even try one (such a disappointment hahaha). 
Recommended? Yes. 

Usuzukuri ($28): 
This dish was presented so beautifully. it consisted of thinly sliced snapper, with fresh lime soy vinaigrette  and garnished with vibrant edible flowers and micro herbs. I was so excited to try this and definitely was not disappointed. it had just the right amount of flavour, very fresh of course, tasted as beautiful as it looked. 
Recommended? Yes. 



ROBATA: Pork($11) and Beef ($12):
This was an absolutely satisfying dish. The pork and beef were cooked to perfection, it was so soft and marinated very well. I personally preferred the pork over the beef Robota.
Recommended? Yes. 




No comments:

Post a Comment